JasonLloyd

Jason Lloyd

Blogger, poet, and author of funny smut. Books that are out now: Salty Aftertaste, Queer Dirty Laundry, The Garden of Fibs and Sin, and Mixed Tape (Poetry)

Jason Lloyd's New Book: Queer Dirty Laundry

Salty Aftertaste - Jason Lloyd

Interview with Jason Lloyd by Smashwords

Your first book Salty Aftertaste has been out since September, how did it feel to publish your first book?
It's been an amazing experience. In a lot of ways a lifelong dream came true. It has also been a huge learning experience for myself. I learned so much about publishing, marketing and writing in general. With anything that's new there's always a few mistakes to be made and now that I have dealt with those mistakes, I feel that the process will be smoother for my next book.
When people hear the title "Salty Aftertaste" they often laugh. What's the story behind the title?
Well... The title has many meanings; there's the obvious funny "sexual" innuendo and because the story is set at the beach, the whole "salty" sea water thing. But what some people don't realize is there's a deeper meaning behind the title. When you think of a "salty aftertaste" sometimes it's a good aftertaste, but sometimes it's a bad aftertaste, depending on what you just ate. The same thing could be said for experiences you go through, sometimes they are good, sometimes they are bad. Every experience stays with you, just like an aftertaste. The book is about the experiences the characters go through and they are both good and bad.
What will your next book be about?
My next book is call Queer Dirty Laundry and it's loosely based on my blog by the same name. It's a "coming of age" tale about the main character. Bullying, coming out and first time experiences will all be covered. It of course will be funny, have some drama, and a few "hot" moments too. The story is set in present time with flashbacks to the past. I'm really excited about it and I think everyone will be able to relate to some of the experiences mentioned.
When will the book be available to purchase?
As of right now I am still working on a manuscript. My goal is to have it done by summer 2014. I think it will be available as a preorder in May in the iBooks store and then launched everywhere a few weeks after that. Actual dates haven't been determined yet.
So fans of Salty Aftertaste will enjoy this new book?
Yes! There will be some familiar characters in this one. Jason and Kevin are back along with some new interesting characters. Obviously the book is going to be filled with crude humor just like Salty, and I'm hoping it will be a fun read. I actually think fans of Salty will like Queer Dirty Laundry better.
Last question, what motivated you to become an indie author?
I was approached by a few publishers, but the offers did not seem to fit, so I turned them down. I like the fact that I have complete creative control over my work. Some people don't realize I also design all my book covers. I consider myself a very creative person and I enjoy the whole creative process. If a publishing deal ever felt right I would consider working with them, but for now I'm happy being an indie author and I enjoy the indie community. Indie authors are a very supporting group of people.

Coming Soon Summer 2014

Queer Dirty Laundry by Jason Lloyd

What would you do if everything changed in the blink of an eye? Life teaches us that everything happens for a reason. Every good or bad experience, every event, shapes us into the adults we become. We are our pasts and they shape our future.

In this coming of age tale, Kevin and Jason embark on an adventure to Philadelphia to visit friends and to get into their normal hijinks. Along their journey they confide in each other the only way best friends can; through laughter, love and pain. This hilarious and heartfelt journey through the past can only strengthen their friendship in the present.

Your best friend knows all your little secrets. They know all your dirty laundry. Can you air it all out? How dirty is your laundry?

Source: http://jasonlloydbooks.com